These are certainly unprecedented times. We believe that our people have responded remarkably well to the recent Covid-19 outbreak. We face the challenge of keeping our people safe while still carrying on the work God has given us. The situation has been fluid over the past two weeks. Thus far our decisions have been based on the collective wisdom of the entire leadership of our congregation and in response to request from local and state officials. There remains a great deal of uncertainty as to how long this may go on. We look forward to a time when we can come back together as a congregation. In the meantime, we would like to communicate with you regarding our weekly assemblies, office hours, and building use guidelines.
- Our Assemblies - We will continue to LIVE stream our Wednesday Night Bible Class at 7pm and our Sunday AM Assembly at 10am from the Cawson Street building. These broadcast will be available on Facebook and YouTube. They will also be uploaded after the broadcast to our church's web page. Communion supplies are available at the church office. If you can make communion at home you are encouraged to do so.
- Office Hours - The church office will only be open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00am to 4:30pm until this crisis subsides. We request you call the office ahead of time if you are picking up communion supplies, dropping off contribution, making pantry donations, etc. Our secretary Juanita Harper can be reached on days the office is closed at (804) 937-4206. Our preacher Michael Green can be reached at (804) 898-4705.
- Building Restrictions - Only essential personnel will be allowed in the building at this time. Visitors to the building must take care of their business at the office doors on either Tuesday or Thursday during office hours. Either our secretary or minister will assist you.
- Weekly Visitor - We are discontinuing the mailed version of the Weekly Visitor until further notice. An abridged bulletin with pertinent announcements and prayer request will be emailed out along with a lesson outline on Thursday afternoons.
- Pantry - The food pantry is closed at this time to all NON-MEMBERS. Members may pick up pantry items on Tuesday or Thursday. Please call ahead and you will be met at the office door. Non-member request will be sent to the Hopewell Food Pantry. Food and/or monetary donations will be made weekly to the Hopewell Food Pantry.
- Meals for Needy - We will be providing take-out meals only and delivering them to the Hopewell Warming Shelter. If you would like to donate to this effort you may do so by donating at the building on Tuesday or Thursday.
- Contribution / Online Giving - We will have the ability to contribute to the work of the church online this week. Once we have confirmation we will send out an email with instructions about giving online. You may also continue to contribute by dropping a check off at the office or mailing your check to PO Box 1301 Hopewell, VA 23860
Remember, as the Psalmist wrote many years ago, as God's people we know we are surrounded by the presence of our God - Psalm 125:2. Please continue to be vigilant in prayer and service.
The Elders of the Cawson Street Church of Christ,