Full-time Minister: Cawson Street Church of Christ, Hopewell, Virginia
Reports to: Elders of the Cawson Street Church of Christ
Work Location: Hopewell, VA
Job Purpose: The Minister will be charged with helping to direct and guide the congregation in a Godly direction to maximize the growth potential of the local church.
Job Qualifications: Bachelors or Masters Degree in Biblical Studies ; or equivalent education; and/or minimum of five (5) years pulpit preaching / spiritual care / evangelism.
- Provide legal proof to work in the U.S.A.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Demonstrate average computer skills; inclusive of Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Adobe Reader, email, etc.
- Possess writing skills to publish short articles weekly, in church bulletins and website.
- Experience in use of social-media such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Able to navigate the internet.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Present weekly Biblical sermons
- Teach weekly Bible class
- Visit members of the congregation
- Make hospital visits
- Provide Elders with periodic activity reports
- Prepare weekly articles or comments for bulletin and / or website
- Evangelize within the community
- Conduct Bible Studies
- Support and participate in congregational activities and fellowship events
- Interact in a friendly manner with members and guests
- Communicate to the Elders issues, concerns or problems associated with members of the congregation
- Suggests to the Elders areas of change or modification for improvement within the local church
- In decision making, always consider, “Will this help to glorify the Lord?”
- Attend outside seminars, conferences, and lectures for professional development and edification. *Pending Elder’s approval.
- Year one: 2 weeks
- Year two and following: 3 weeks
- Select own workweek, except for Sunday and Wednesday. Consider unexpected events i.e., weddings, surgeries, funerals, etc.
- Annual compensation TBD based on qualifications
- If necessary, other benefits may be negotiated at the time of employment offer.
By the Elders,
Cawson Street Church of Christ